Friday 24 April 2015

The Decline Of The Tuber


Since creating Matropolis I've met a great number of people from YouTube whom I now call friends. The gaming community on the video site are absolutely fantastic and it's been great interacting with everyone.

I've been active for nearly a year now and love filming videos to upload, even though it's given me less time to blog but in a way this blog was a starting point to for me.

It was YouTube where I discovered Rick Idak and have become involved in his Marine Boy fan film. All thanks to a comment left on a video. Amazing how it started all from that. 


The gaming tubers have been great too with helping me with my video content and giving me the confidence to go as far as I have. At first I wouldn't even show my face on camera!

And of course myself and Steve36207 created the Tubers High Score Challenge which took off big time and we now have 80+ members in the group!

A big thanks to all members, subscribers and others who have helped me on my YouTube trip so far.

However, it's been a bit of a downer lately as a fair few people have decided to take extended breaks or cancel their channels completely.

Of course, life comes first. If you are having problems outside of YouTube then I totally agree you should walk away from it or take a break. 

The main thing about YouTube is enjoying it. I do mine for fun, I love it, especially interacting with others. I hope to meet some of these people in the future. However, when it doesn't become fun anymore people decide to leave. Which is fine I guess but I'll definitely miss some of them.

YouTube should never feel as a chore. Well, maybe if you get paid for it. But if you haven't uploaded for a while you shouldn't let it bother you. Quality over quantity. Maybe you'd get more views if you post less often because viewers are waiting for it? Who knows?

Of course, bigger channels will probably want to post more content. 

As for myself, I do tend to upload a couple of videos a week but that's because I enjoy it so much and not because I feel I have to for my subscribers.

Due to the weekly High Score Challenge I post every week anyway. I've got a fair few videos in mind too. It's like I've taken the ideas from this blog and applied them to YouTube.

Currently I'm at 83 subscribers and have no plans on giving it up. I'm having too much fun.

The decline of the tuber? Maybe for a few and I hope they come back.

Me, however, I'm in the category of rise of the tuber ;)

Like me? Hate me? Love me?

I'm Staying!

No comments:

Post a Comment