Monday 15 June 2015

I Completed my 2nd Zelda Game!


Yes! And it only took me 17 years after it's original release! Growing up without a Nintendo 64 though it's hardly surprising. 

The game of course is The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

I completed the HD remake on the 3DS.


I thought it was a great game and can see why people would have loved it at the time of it's release. Back in those days it must have been a real spectacle.

I wasn't sure what to expect from a game that was released so long ago but it's aged well. The combat, open world, range of weapons and equipment make it a classic RPG. 

The game didn't always tell you where to go though, well it kind of did but didn't include what items you needed as you can upgrade your inventory quite a bit with key items in order to progress in dungeons. That was fun though, exploring an open world searching for the item or upgrade you missed in order to advance.

Pretty much every gamer knows the story of Zelda with the Triforce, Master Sword, fairies and much more. 

I liked the addition of the Ocarina in this game. Learning new tunes to fast travel to locations as well as symphonies to help you within your quest was fun. My favourite tune was the prelude of light. 



Back in New York Comic Con my friend bought an Ocarina. I didn't really see the appeal at the time but now I've played the game I can see how this title holds so much nostalgia for people.

In fact, I myself once played this game when I was a kid. I played it over my mate's house and we found it great that you could name Link as yourself (Mat in my case) and read a sign outside his treehouse that read 'Mat's House'. I also remember the great Deku tree. But that was the last I played of it before these past couple of weeks.

Can't say I'll be going out to buy an Ocarina but I am tempted for a Master Sword! I have a Gunblade from Final Fantasy 8 so you never know what the next comic con will bring... (November 7th for me)

So Link & friends finally have a place in my heart and I'm looking forward to playing the other titles. What's next? Oh, just the one they call Majora's Mask ;)




1 comment:

  1. Tinted and Tinted with Titanium stud earrings, made in Germany
    Tinted and Tinted with Titanium stud titanium nipple jewelry earrings, made in Germany. Tinted titanium hair clipper and Tinted titanium ingot with Titanium tungsten titanium stud earrings, made titanium mountain bikes in Germany. Tinted and Tinted with Tinted with Tinted with Tinted with Tinted

    ReplyDelete