Wednesday 17 June 2015

Jurassic World At My Reopened Childhood Cinema!


Power Rangers, Independence Day, Toy Story, Casper, & Jurassic Park...these were just some of the films I watched at the old Odean cinema opposite Queen St station in Cardiff. I was only a kid at the time and loved the place. So many of my childhood memories featured around that cinema and I was gutted when it closed back in 2001.

So imagine my delight when it reopened 2 months ago under Premier cinemas at just £4 a ticket! I knew it wasn't going to be long before I returned there so last weekend my friend and I paid a visit and what better film to go and see than Jurassic World???

Exactly.


I felt like a kid all over again.

From walking down the small set of steps into the cinema, remembering the layout of the building, how the ticket counters used to be on the left-hand side, it's different floors, the popcorn, it was just amazing. Maybe to newcomers it wouldn't look like much but when you've been there as a kid it's almost magical.


And Jurassic World was a pretty good film! The seats were new and comfy, the screen not as big as in Showcase but you didn't need it to be. 

So that was one part of my childhood relived and quite possibly to be relived very soon again :)

At £4 a ticket why wouldn't you go????

Nostalgia...nothing quite like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment