Saturday 31 August 2013

Cardiff Comic Con 2013


It's over...Freddy's got me...and...wait! I'm not dreaming this is real life! 
I met Robert Englund today whom I have to say is great fun!



Before hand I was wondering what would he actually be like? Being a horror king like he is I thought he might come across all creepy but how wrong I was! He was a great laugh! He did all kind of different poses with his fans with the famous claws of Freddy Krueger. He even let a 6ft 4 guy pretend to strangle him for his photo! Was a great experience and a memory I will cherish.

Where did I meet him? Well the Cardiff Film and Comic Con of course! I'd only been to two comic conventions before but they were smaller and only had comic artists and writers. Now this was the big one with a bunch of actors and actresses signing autographs and taking photos. Amongst them were Anthony Head, Brian Blessed, David Hasselhoff, Sarah Douglas and more. I didn't get any autographs but Robert Englund was the one I wanted to see.

The Motorpoint arena was jam packed and it was very hard to move at times but there were a great amount of dealers there and I managed to pick up the rare NES game- Ducktales 2! Yay!

That's not all...I had my photo taken in the iron throne from Game of Thrones without a Lannister in sight! Who's the ruler of Westeros now eh?



All in all it was an amazing experience! Maybe i'll dress up next time! Hmmm, who to go as? For now i'll just look upon these photos until my next comic con...March 1st 2014!  

No comments:

Post a Comment