Monday 26 August 2013

Naruto


Yeah I know there are a lot of Naruto fan sites and blogs out there so why did I choose to write about this one? Well simply put this is the show that got me into the whole anime genre.

I was already aware of Naruto before I decided to buy it. I read on the Internet that is was popular and I'd seen a few minutes of it on TV. At first Naruto's voice did my head in so I quickly turned it off. But I decided I hadn't given it much of a try so I went ahead and purchased the first season. Why? Because it's one of the most successful and recognisable animes out there right? Wrong! I bought it because the description mentioned it was about ninjas. Yep, as simple as that. Guess I like ninjas.

For those of you who don't know Naruto is about 5 main hidden villages in a world of ninja. These are Leaf, Cloud, Sand, Rock and Mist. Naruto resides in the hidden Leaf village and is a ninja in training along with his fellow classmates. At first he is rejected by everyone due to the fact that within Naruto is the nine-tailed beast, a giant, malicious fox that attacked the village many years ago. In order to save the village, the Hokage (the leader of the hidden leaf) sealed the beast within Naruto. Thus earning him the title of Jinchuriki which translates as the power of human sacrifice.

Naruto continues to train and become stronger while winning the respect of everyone around him although he remains the knucklehead ninja and immature. It's not until late in the anime after certain events that Naruto grows into a strong leader. It his is dream to one day become Hokage.

I like Naruto due to the wide range of characters, Rock Lee and Gaara being two of my favourites and the show is funny. The story is good but at times is drawn out for too long such as the searching for Sasuke arc. Also some battles can take up to 4 or 5 episodes due to the characters doing more talking about what their ninjutsu can do rather than just getting on with it.

Most of the series sees the ninja battling the evil Orochimaru and later on the Akatsuki, a group of ninja bent on controlling all the tailed beasts for world domination.

There are over a hundred episodes in Naruto and also in Naruto: Shippuden when the characters are three years older.

Naruto remains a favourite of mine and there is so much more I could write about it. But it is the starting show that brought me into the life of anime with later titles such as Fullmetal alchemist, Bleach, Death Note and many more. 

Some of which you will see posted here in the future.

Believe it! 



1 comment: