Monday 22 December 2014

Scrooge The Musical!


Every year I have Christmas traditions. These range from eating a chocolate before it's placed on the Christmas tree, watching the Muppet Christmas Carol that I wrote about last year, swapping pre-Christmas presents with friends and also watching 'Scrooge! The Musical'

I love this film. The first time I discovered it my friend and I were browsing through different channels on Christmas Eve and on it came three quarters of the way through. It was the part with the ghost of Christmas future and Scrooge falling down into his grave. We found it quite amusing because it was an older film and the special effects weren't obviously up to much those days. So we carried on watching and came upon a song called 'Thank You Very Much' sung by a character called Tommy Jenkins. It quickly became an instant favourite and we waited patiently for the next Christmas where we managed to enjoy the film in full.

It was great!


I love musicals and it was probably the Muppet Christmas Carol that started this and I'll watch any that I come across.

Actually it's surprising that the soundtrack to Scrooge isn't on my Ipod! I have the Muppets after all! Right, that changes tonight!

Albert Finney delivers an amazing performance as Scrooge and originally I thought he was actually that age in real life but he was made to look older.

All the actors are great and the songs are something everyone can sing along to. I often sing 'Thank You Very Much' especially when someone just says a simple thank you and something in my brain clicks. 

There's no need to tell you the story of Scrooge as you all know it but trust me it's a version worth watching! They don't make them like they used to.

Anyway, I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you for reading my blog :)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment