Thursday 19 December 2013

Final Fantasy 7: Aerith's Death



Final Fantasy 7...
The end of disc 1...

The saddest scene in gaming history?

This was the scene that shocked gamers around the world and what is the most famous and iconic event in Final Fantasy history. Who saw it coming? I certainly didn't. Just as you reach Aerith in the city of the Ancients, Sephiroth jumps down and plunges his Masamune through her in what is certainly a 'noooooooooooooooooo!!!!' moment. Then begins the ballad as her white materia unravels from her hair and strikes the floor as we watch it fall down into the water below just before she collapses into Cloud's arms. The music is awesome and has become very popular with fans.



Of course after this happens it just made you want to kick Sephiroth's butt even more and fired me up for the fight against Jenova to finish off disc 1. After you dispatch said monster, Cloud lays Aerith to rest at the bottom of the lake :'(


Who shared at tear when they played that eh? No other game to date has surprised me in the way that scene did. It's just another element to Final Fantasy 7 that makes the game the legend that it is. 

Oh and I spent how long levelling her up??? Aw man...

Over the years many fans, myself included, have asked for a HD remake but now I have changed my mind. I think the blocky graphics and cutscenes are what makes this game so great and this is the only version I want to play.



This will always be the best RPG and my top FF scene!



Also...Aerith or Aeris?

No comments:

Post a Comment