Thursday 19 September 2013

My Top 5 Anime

Here we go! My top 5 anime series. Although this is subject to change due to all the awesome anime I've yet to see.

5. 


Bleach. My best friend first got me into this after she recorded an episode off TV about a group of soul reapers who fight against these monsters called hollows. I quite enjoy this show and some of the story arcs are great like the 'saving Rukia' arc but since then it seems to have become weaker. I am only in 100 episodes or so though.

4. 

Yeah I know what you're thinking- 'what!? Only 4th?' Death Note is an excellent anime and very well done but now it's over I don't find myself itching to see more. I will watch it again but not for a few years. Light and L are great adversaries though. Now please don't write my name in a death note :)

3.

Ninjas, ninjutsu, frogs, dogs, and pigs. These are only a few of the wide range of characters in this anime. Being my first anime this will always rank highly with me. It's a lot of fun although sometimes is dragged out a bit too long.

2. 

Are you surprised at this one? I was! When I first watched Black Butler the over the top English accents did my head in but it didn't take long for them to grow on me. I'll explain about this in more detail but briefly it's about 13 year old Ciel Phantomhive who is Lord of the Phantomhive estate after his parents were killed in a fire. He has three servants and a butler called Sebastian who just happens to be a demon. He's destined to serve Ciel due to a deal that cost the young master his eye. The characters in this are great and the acting is awesome! Most of the story involves Ciel attempting to solve crimes in London because he works for the Queen. This quickly became a favourite of mine even though the 2nd season wasn't as good as the first in my opinion.  

1. 


I love this for the theme music alone! I wouldn't have minded if they kept it for the entire series but the majority of anime's tend to change their music and intro every so often. The show stars two brothers who are both trying to restore their bodies after they attempt to bring their mother back from the dead using Human Transmutation. However it goes horribly wrong and Edward Elric loses a leg while Alphonse loses his entire body, his soul now only being attached to a suit of armor by his brothers quick thinking. However he sacrifices an arm to do this. His friend Winry builds an automail arm and leg as a replacement which are quite strong.

The story then follows their adventures as they search for the Philosopher's Stone and battle Homunculi in order to restore their bodies. Edward has the ability to use alchemy without using transmutation circles which comes in handy against Homunculi.

This anime is awesome and I'll write a more detailed post at a later date. It's fun, humourous and the storyline is epic. If you're an anime fan and you haven't seen this then I highly recommend it! 

For now have a taster of the opening sequence...

      

2 comments:

  1. Good list man (haven't seen Black Butler so will have to check it out) but you've gotta watch some Psycho Pass! You wont regret it \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers. I have never seen or heard of Psycho Pass but will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete