Wednesday 4 September 2013

Blaster Master


Today a wasp stung me on my little finger and it hurt like crazy! Grrrrr! The wasp didn't survive for long but the pain in my finger did. Now why am I telling you this? Well the first time I was stung by a wasp I was a young boy innocently playing a game on the NES called Blaster Master. Hence todays wasp encounter reminded me of this old game.

BM is the story of a boy named Jason whose pet frog, Fred (no really), escapes from his fish bowl and ends up becoming exposed to some radioactive material and grows to a huge size. He then escapes down a hole and Jason promptly follows. He lands in a cave with a tank and suits up to battle radioactive monsters while trying to save Fred. You know we have monsters living inside the Earth right?

Now I never finished this game, I remember it being quite difficult at the time, especially when a wasp stings you. So after publishing this post I will definitely put it on my to do list!

The game sees you controlling the tank, called SOPHIA the 3rd, or controlling Jason in the top down mode when you exit the tank. In the tank you fire the main cannon at enemies or collect special ammo to use. SOPHIA can even hover at times. Out of the tank you can use a gun and grenades to defeat enemies. By entering doors on foot you enter a maze which will lead to a boss. I can remember some kind of crab and a purple brain looking thing! I so want to play this now!

I'll have to finish the game before I can write more about this but consider this a quick preview all because of that darn wasp! 

Even though the game is tough I did find it a lot of fun. I will report back when I complete it! Surely as i'm older now it should be easy...right?

Meanwhile here is the intro movie: 


No comments:

Post a Comment