Monday 9 September 2013

Ducktales 2 NES


Ducktales! Two-ooo! See what I did there? You're impressed right? Well anyway like I mentioned in an earlier blog I picked this game up at the Cardiff Film and Comic Con as it is rare to find, being released towards the end of the NES' lifespan. The guy promised me it was in full working order and gave me his card. Turns out he was right! I set up my old NES which worked perfectly and slid the game into the slot. Power on and away we go!

Ducktales 2 is basically the same template as the first. This time the levels you can choose from are displayed on a map rather than just a list on Scrooge's computer. The new levels are Niagara Falls, Egypt, Scotland, Mu and a pirate ship in Bermuda.

This time around Scrooge can drag objects with his cane and pull levers to open up new areas. The theme is still the same. Collect money as you go along and defeat the end boss to obtain the treasure.

I have to say this game is a lot easier than the first and took me only an hour or so to complete. Although saying that I didn't revisit levels to collect the map pieces to find the lost treasure. But the levels were short and the bosses easy to defeat. I only died a few times and never had a game over.
Maybe that's just because I'm awesome? Who knows eh?

This time around I didn't recognise any of the bosses from the TV show. Glomgold makes an appearance again as the main villain attempting to gain the treasure before Scrooge. He ends up kidnapping Webby after you finish the levels which sees you returning to the pirate ship for a final showdown.

Despite the easiness the game was quite fun especially for a lazy sunday afternoon. I have to say it was great powering up the NES again and reliving the 90's.

If you like the Ducktales NES games I recommend you try out Ducktales Remastered.

You won't regret it      

No comments:

Post a Comment