Wednesday 11 September 2013

Kingdom Hearts



'The heart may be weak. And Sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned...that deep down there's a light that never goes out! I now know, without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts, is light!'- Sora

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is out this week so this is the perfect opportunity for me to write about this awesomely awetastic game! How to sell it? 

Well, Disney + Final Fantasy = SOLD!!!

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series so when I first heard about this game I was excited. However when I first saw a preview of it I thought it looked a bit childish and was for 4 year olds. How wrong I was!

The story features main protagonist Sora and his friends Riku and Kairi as their home 'Destiny Islands' is invaded by the Heartless, dark shadowy beings. Separated from his friends, Sora begins a journey to find them and soon comes across a Keyblade. This is an awesome weapon that acts as a sword. Sora also uses it lock keyholes that the Heartless use to enter worlds.

He isn't alone in his quest though! No. Joining him are Goofy and Donald after he meets them in Traverse Town. They are searching for King Mickey so join Sora on his quest. This was a first for me in an RPG! The events that occur between these three are quite humorous!

In Traverse Town you also meet Squall from Final Fantasy 8 even though he insists his name is Leon. I love the mixture of Final Fantasy characters in the game. You also have Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, Tidus, Selphie, Wakka and Cloud! Awesome! Oh and the ultra-hard Sephiroth in the Olympus Coliseum! I didn't defeat him all those years ago but now I have the HD collection on it's way his butt is mine!


For the Disney side of it you of course have Donald, Goofy and Mickey but quite a few Disney worlds are playable too.
These are Wonderland, Tarzan's jungle, Agrabah, Monstro, Atlantica, Halloween Town, Neverland, 100 Acre Wood, and Hollow Bastion. Some Disney characters are featured as summons too such as Simba and Bambi. Never thought you'd see that did you!? Also in these worlds you usually face the corresponding Disney films antagonist. Hands up who wants to beat up the Oogie Boogie man!


To travel to these worlds you use the Gummi ship! You can upgrade the ship as the game progresses which is basically like putting lego blocks together. When you first pilot to a new world you have to blast your way through obstacles and enemy ships. I honestly need one to travel to work at times. Cars wouldn't cut you up then!

Also Sora's costume changes in different worlds. In Halloween Town he has a spooky halloween costume which is pretty cool and in Atlantica he's a Merman! If memory serves me Goofy is a turtle and Donald a squid! 

If you haven't played this series I highly recommend it! In the 1.5 collection you receive Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Chain of Memories and the cutscenes from the DS game 358/2 Days.

There is another collection planned though! 2.5 which will include Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Re-coded. Yay!  

Basically if you love Disney, RPG's or even Final Fantasy you should enjoy this game. 

Buy it, play it, now!

Otherwise Mr. Oogie Boogie might come and visit you while you're sleeping...


No comments:

Post a Comment